Lyle and Norma Mann and the Art Long family travelled to Wildwood Park in Morpeth on Sunday to enjoy the Bloom family reunion.
Many of the local teens are boarding buses each morning and being delivered to farms for corn detasselling.
A 10:30 p.m. call on Sunday evening sent the local fire department to Talbot St. to answer a report of a carbon monoxide leak in a home. The department’s equipment was unable to detect any problem and the units were soon back at the station.
Castlemore Homes started work last week on a model home on their property south of Longwoods Rd. and east of Ontario Street.
By Louise Long and Ken Willis.
Published in Transcript & Free Press, July 22, 2010